Did you register your company in Rwanda before April 27, 2009? if so, you must re register your company at the Office of the Registrar General in Rwanda Development Board (RDB) before May 31,2011.
Please see the requirements for the MANDATORY re-registration of companies registered before the new companies act.:
1. Complete application form for domestic/foreign company( forms available online or at the RDB office).
2. Submit Original certificate of registration.
3. Submit TIN (Tax Identification Number)
4. Copy of ID/ Passport of each shareholder.
5. Notarised Minutes of a Board meeting showing that the company has modified its articles in accordance with the new Companies Act ( Law No. 17 of 27/04/2009).i.e. The resolution should specify the type of company, i.e. whether it is private or public and the category-whether it is limited by shares or by guarantee or both. Note: Public companies may NOT be limited by guarantee.
6. Payment of 12,000rwf (payable at BK or RDB)
Failure to comply with the deadline of 31st May will result in penalties as specified by the companies act , i.e. twice the registration fees (50,000). This means that you will pay a total of 62,000 (50,000 + 12,000). If you are unable to re-register the company within three months from the deadline, then the company shall cease to exist legally.
Fore more information call +250 788 35 40 80 during working hours.